CentraleSupélec, whose vocation is to take up the significant challenges facing society to help it progress, has naturally placed Sustainable Development and Social Responsibility issues at the heart of its strategy. To carry out this transformation, the School has structured itself by setting up
- a governance & charter
- A strategic action plan, including in particular a climate roadmap, mobility, and waste plans
This investment has been recognized by its peers through the SD&RS label, obtained in December 2022
A transformation of the School to integrate the challenges of the Transition
Since 2019, CentraleSupélec has been committed to the environmental transition with all of its stakeholders through
- The implementation of a Sustainable Development (SD) Governance system integrating all of the institution's stakeholders:
- A referent in charge of mapping, coordinating, and proposing a shared action plan
- Transition student delegates who rely on a student club - Gritec - responsible for evaluating and presenting lessons
- A Sustainable Development Commission carries out actions and evaluates the School's strategy
- Referents in each laboratory
- The integration of sustainable development issues in all of the School's actions:
Training - Research – Campus
The SD&RS Charter
Initiated in 2021, the SD&RS Charter resulted from work involving all the School's stakeholders: CS staff, unions, management, students, etc.
This document presents proactively all of the School's SD&RS objectives in five areas:
- Strategy and Governance - Contribute to the construction of a responsible society.
- Training axis: Train all its engineers to integrate and understand the challenges of Sustainable Development & Social Responsibility, on the right scale, in their respective sectors and professions, by equipping them with the appropriate knowledge, questioning skills, and initiatives.
- Research axis - a central ambition: to give our society the means to produce and consume in a sustainable and enlightened manner.
- Social Policy Axis - Fostering a human and social policy of equity and diversity among staff and students, promoting science to a diverse public.
- Environmental Management - proactive actions to go beyond the regulatory framework, aiming to limit the impact of its operations on the environment, from the consumption of resources to the protection of biodiversity, as well as in terms of mobility and responsible purchasing.
All of the School's bodies validated this document in 2022: the Board of Studies on 4 October, the Scientific Council on 5 October, the Technical Committee on 10 October, and finally, the Board of Directors on 13 October.
This Charter, alive by its very nature, will be updated regularly to adjust our practices and actions.
The CentraleSupélec Charter is complementary to the Sustainable Development Charter, which the University of Paris-Saclay will adopt in 2021. Drawn up by all the institutions, including CentraleSupélec (via its SD referent), this Charter lays the foundations of the University of Paris-Saclay's SD&RS policy, particularly concerning legal aspects.