Entrepreneurship is the most challenging professional profile, and drives us to learn to swim by forcing us into the deep end: I love challenges, and I’m driven by learning in stressful situations.
Cofounder of Biomodex
Our technology enables you to reproduce a scale model of an organ, integrating its in vivo biomechanical properties, assessed using digital simulation combined with multi-material 3D printing. This helps experts to simulate a surgical procedure identical to that which would be carried out in the operating theatre. This technology addresses two needs:
- Training surgeons
- Pre-operational patient simulation to prepare for a complex surgery
There is a long distance between the idea and developing a project. I’m not sure I can talk about a concrete plan yet. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to talk about concrete plans – a start-up is constantly being developed, especially in the medium-term (4-5 years), during which the stakes are huge. I still have the feeling of being at the beginning of developing something that is becoming ever larger and ever more ambitious.
If we had to do it again, of course we would learn a lot. Entrepreneurship is the most challenging professional profile, and drives us to learn to swim by forcing us into the deep end: I love challenges, and I’m driven by learning in stressful situations.
Today, several prizes and competitions have enabled Biomodex to gain funding and recognition:
- Movjee Technological Innovation Prize
- The “Medicen Paris Region Competitive Hub Innovative Company” label
- The Scientipôle Prize: we won the innovative young companies competition, with the best awarded grade for the year (8.5)
- The support of Paris Innovation Start-up
- The Université Sorbonne Paris Cité (USPC) call for projects, for which we were selected with our 3DSIM project
Become a CentraleSupélec Partner!
To increase your visibility among our future graduates in advance of recruitment and throughout the engineering program.