Specialized Master (with ESSEC Business School)
Quentin Perraudeau and Alexis Ucko, SM graduates, creators of Percko.
The CentraleSupélec/ESSEC Entrepreneurs SM is the only Master’s degree dedicated to entrepreneurship, organized as a work-study program, and combining the strengths of two Grandes Écoles.
- A Master’s program proposed as part of a work-study degree: students combine education with hands-on work experience in creating a company over the course of one year;
- A Master’s degree open to three kinds of students: recent graduates, young professionals and experienced executives
- The extensive experience of two schools in the field of company creation
- Support offered from an alumni network of two Grandes Écoles
Engineers who have graduated from a management school and from higher education in scientific or management disciplines, with or without professional experience.
The aim of this Specialized Master’s degree is to support you in your project of creating, taking over or becoming a partner in a company venture, and to help you to acquire the essential skills for managing a growing company (start-up, SMB or business unit with a strong entrepreneurial dimension).
We will immerse you in a start-up (either your own or one which you will join) or a rapidly growing SMB, and teach you the skills you need to develop your future career as a company creator and manager.
- One year of work-study: nearly 500 hours of lessons, over approximately 60 days (5-6 days per month and some full weeks), combined with working in a company, a start-up or SMB with strong growth or in a support structure: Incubator, OSEO funding, investments fund, etc.
- Start-up or SMB project: in a work-study program throughout the year, within a host company (your own or a company you join), personal work leading to the presentation of a Business Plan. This work is assessed by the Centrale ESSEC Entrepreneurs SM team.
- Study trip: A one-week study trip is offered to SM participants. This trip is an opportunity to discover other dimensions of company management by meeting entrepreneurs.
- Sales: Sales environment, sale phases, complex sales, sales cycles, sales tools, sales channels – Go-to-Market, Customer Relations Management
- Negotiation: Negotiation strategy and techniques.
- Financial Engineering: funding plan, balance sheet and forecast, overdrafts, factoring, leasing, project funding, M&A, LBO
- Developing and managing teams: recruitment, career plans, profit sharing, incentives, fundamentals of team management, team building and supervising, meeting leadership, intercultural management.
- Commercial, social and corporate law: various legal forms, legal regulatory framework
- Help and support tools: company creation support, national and European regulatory framework, YIE, IRC
- Private equity: financial and legal perspectives
- Management control / analytical accounting: measures of activity, performance indicators
- Accounting-Finance: fundamentals of accounting, management control, key financial ratios, company funding
- Marketing: Strategic marketing, product marketing, operational marketing
- Self-knowledge – Team building: ethics and responsibility, various entrepreneur profiles, different types of company, teamwork
- Strategy: company mission, strategic segmentation, skill differentiation, activity value, strategic groups, different types of strategy
- Business model: revenue models, value, Go-to-Market
- Going from idea to market: from the idea to the product, the product to the client, product marketing, innovation marketing
- Innovation protection: patent, copyright, trademark, IP strategy
- Project management: project approach, needs expression, project management tools, and different types of project
- Financial calculations: cost calculations, choice of investment – choice of funding
Innovation and Transformation specialized masters
The aim of the Innovation and Transformation SM is to train professionals who are capable of initiating, leading and managing innovation and transformation projects within complex environments, i.e. multi-actor, interdisciplinary, multicultural and high-stakes projects.
With training modules and a project-based teaching approach, both interactive and dynamic, the Innovation and Transformation specialized master’s degree enables students to develop the ability to participate in organizational projects lucidly and effectively.
- Innovation and Transformation Strategy
- The reflex to act
- Business Case Workshop
- Innovation and Transformation Project Workshop
- Creativity Workshop
- The Human as an Innovation and Transformation Agent
- Leadership and Transformation
- Communication and Negotiation
- Psycho-sociology of Change
- Organizational Sociology
- Innovation Engineering
- Innovation Management and Marketing
- Innovation Methods
- Innovation Protection
- Funding Innovation
- Transformation Engineering
- Processes Approach to Transformation
- Exploring a Complex Problem within a Company
- Transfer Management
- Managing Differently – positive leadership using economic intelligence
- Cross-Cultural Issues
- Experiencing Transformation
- Challenge Innovation
- Project Innovation and Transformation
Open Innovation Institute
Aimed at to developing sustainable, constructive and balanced relationships between large accounts and start-ups.